Mar 18, 2016

Reading Challenge!

                            
                               


As you might have noticed from the blog, I'm trying to catch up on the classics I've missed, both science fiction/fantasy and the literary kind. But how do you define a classic? Where should I start? I did some googling and decided to go with these two lists. I'll try to read everything on them, but I'm not setting myself any time limits; this is just me competing against myself. If you want to join me, here are the links to the lists:

Here's the list: classics of science fiction. The site also has lists for 100 fantasy classics and The Guardian's list of SF/F classics. There's a lot of overlap on these lists, but I decided to do the science fiction one, because I've read a lot more fantasy that science fiction over the years. I've read 36/193 on the list so far, and I've got about ten more waiting on my kindle. 

What about literary classics? Well, I decided to go for The Guardian's list of one hundred best novels of all time for those. I've read 26/100 over the years. This should prove interesting; there's a bunch of stuff I've never even heard of on the list. 

Feeling even more ambitious? Here's The Guardian's list of the 1000 novels everyone must read.

Ready, set, read!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, stranger. What's on your mind?